Beauty is more than just how we take care of our skin. Our bodies need to be healthy in every way! Eating a healthy diet keeps my body and my skin at their best. What I love about eating healthy is that there are so many ways to make delicious recipes! Not every healthy meal needs to be grilled chicken and greens. This recipe I’m sharing with you is a healthy pasta made with mushrooms and spices. On the side, I’ve made 3 salad options and turkey lettuce wraps.
Mushrooms are high in iron and copper, which work together to keep your hair healthy and strong.
Mushroom Pasta Ingredients:
- 1 package of brown rice pasta
- 1 package of shiitake mushrooms
- 1 package of baby portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/4 of a white onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 green onions
- Ricotta cheese
- Ground coriander seeds
- Cayenne pepper
What to do:
- Follow the directions on your pasta packaging to cook pasta and set aside. I leave my brown rice pasta in boiling water for 7-10 minutes.
- Cut mushrooms into small pieces and set aside.
- Chop the white onion into small pieces. Crush garlic cloves with a knife and mince. Cut green onion into small pieces; about 1 centimeter wide. Cut cilantro into small pieces to your liking. Set aside.
- Place a frying pan on the stove and set to a low heat. Spread the coconut oil around the pan.
- Add white onion and garlic cloves to the pan. Add in the spices to your liking. After about 1 minute, add in the mushrooms. Add salt.
- Mix and fry the ingredients in the pan. Add in green onions and mix. Then, add in the brown rice pasta. Stir until the pasta is mixed in with the ingredients and sauce.
- Remove the pan from heat and transfer pasta into a bowl or container. Then, add in the cilantro.
- When serving the dish, add ricotta into the pasta or on the side.
This pasta is enough for 3 people for 3 days. I made it for my husband, my son, and myself. You can adjust the ingredients to fit the amount of days you’ll need or people you will be feeding.
To add to the healthy pasta, I also make turkey wraps and side salads.
- Ground turkey
- Leaf lettuce
- White onion
- Cumin Feta cheese
Follow the instructions on your ground turkey to cook the meat properly. I mix in white onion and garlic while cooking. Then, I place a small amount of the cooked turkey into each piece of lettuce and top with feta cheese.
The salads can be prepared anyway you like. These are easy recipes I have put together. All of the salads have a base with kale, boiled and washed.
- Carrots, radish, cucumber, parsley
- Shiitake mushrooms, bell peppers, snap peas, celery
- Pomegranate, strawberries, mint, white radishes
Top any of these salads with your favorite dressing. I like to make my own lemon dressing, with lemon juice, olive oil and salt. I hope you all enjoy!